Layers

I feel like in so many aspects of me/my life I am constantly peeling back layers upon layers of stuff. It could be mom stuff, wife stuff or just personal stuff. It's not a secret that any one person is composed of many, many layers of physical attributes, emotional attributes, personal likes/dislikes, hobbies...the list can go on and on.


It's a constant struggle for me to find a balance between all of these things. There are so many things I want to do compared to so many things I have to do. I know I am not the first person out there to have this strugggle and I will not be the last. Perhaps I think about it more because I stay home taking care of my children so I have the guilt that comes along when I find the time or take the time to spend on myself. On the other hand if I were to work outide the home I would add just one more layer to peel back of myself, yet again.


So what does this have to do with the subject of photography and in creating this blog? Well, it's adding more layers to me and at the same time peeling back some layers to learn more of myself and what I am capable of. I have a love of photography (among other things) and I want to learn more about it and I want to create more with it. Do I think I have the talent to turn this into anything more than a hobby...no. But I thought I would take a space to display, what I think of as a portfolio without the cost webpage maintenance fees, server fees, what have you.


I'm not promising photos everyday or even every week. You mght be treated to an explanation of how I took the photo or where or if I'm feeling up to it I might even disclose a story behind the photo. Or there might simply be a photo displayed. Whatever the mood takes me. Before all else I just want you to enjoy one of my many layers.
.


Comments

Popular Posts